Community resources are used to strengthen schools, families, and student learning. Here are the community resources that Jefferson partners with:
- Love & Logic Parenting Classes (Click Here for more information)
Most Practical and Entertaining Parent Seminars
A LOVE AND LOGIC PARENT® CURRICULUM
A seven-week training program designed
by the Love and Logic® Institute, Inc.
Would you like to feel more confident as a parent?
Would you like to have more fun parenting?
Would you like to feel more relaxed at the end of
© “How do I get them
out of bed in time to catch the school bus?”
© “How can I stop my
children from bickering and fighting?”
© “How do I get my
children to help with the chores without an argument?”
© “Is there a way to
discipline my toddler in public without creating a scene?”
© “How can I get my
teenage daughter to come home at the agreed-upon time?”
© “How do I get him to
stop spitting his peas and whining at dinner?”
other day-to-day parenting frustrations.
is the world’s most difficult job. Over 350 Oshkosh area parents have completed this
non-judgmental course in a relaxed setting. They learned practical parenting
skills and used them immediately. You can too!
- Boys and Girls Club After School Care
- Please call 233-1414 with any questions or to enroll your child.
- YMCA SPLASH program
- The YMCA provides six free swimming lessons for all 2nd graders in the Oshkosh School District. Jefferson 2nd graders are bused to the YMCA on 20th Avenue for 6 weeks to learn basic swimming and water safety skills. Students are grouped according to swimming ability for the lessons. The lessons meet curricular goals in the areas of health, physical education, and social studies.
- Tri-County Community Dental Clinic
- The Tri-County Community Dental Clinic located in Appleton provides a free dental screening to students right at Jefferson School as part of Phase One of the Focus for Kids program. In Phase 2, participating students travel to the clinic for a free dental hygiene check-up. Phase 3 provides free follow-up treatment to students who need additional dental treatment. This is done on site in a mobile dental clinic.
- Community center for Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- SOAR (Special Opportunities in Artist Residencies)
As a school we value the community's generous donation of time, materials and funding to enhance educational opportunities for all children. The assistance of individual or group donations has enabled our school to accomplish far more than it otherwise could have. The old African proverb states that “it takes a village to educate a child.” On behalf of the Oshkosh Area School District, we thank our many donors for becoming a part of our village.
If you would like to make donation, you may contact the school principal at 920.424.0165 or via e-mail at email@example.com. Donations in any amount will be accepted and the funds will be held in a donations account with the district business office until the total amount is received for an item. Here is a list of some ideas:
- new or gently used books for classrooms (grades K-5)
- classroom subscriptions to Scholastic News, Time for Kids, or another non-fiction resource
- PBIS initiatives